The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday: The Fasting Day

Too Much Food!!!
Again, I got scolding from my mother for not having my breakfast at all. The thing is that since I'm just mostly at home idling around, what's the point for taking in more food when they are just going to be stored as fats? Anyway, I was really quite full even after I woke up, because they always like to give me a lot of food for dinner most of the time. One thing, my body can only take in up to a certain amount of food. Any more than that, I may start to puke or vomit. I think I must really start reasoning with my parents next time about breakfast.

Actually, I thought of skipping lunch and dinner as well for today, but I don't know if my stomach was able to take the sudden reduction of food. Well, so, I decided to have a lighter lunch and dinner instead.

Ok, since I have Flute lesson from 4pm to 5pm on Saturday, I usually have my lunch very late, which is about 3+pm. For dinner, I would usually buy the Crispy Chicken either from Shilin at Junction 8 or Ke Kou Wei from Plaza Singapura, since my stomach haven't really fully digest the food for lunch.

So, after some consideration, I decided to set Saturday as my fasting day, which means throughout the whole day, I will just be taking very light snacks. This means no breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, only light food, snacks and tidbits. Anyway, I don't really care about the type of food, be it healthy or unhealthy, that goes inside the stomach, what really matters is the total amount of food for the day.

Well, I'll start my Fasting Day next week, and see how is it going.

Exercise Anyone?
Haven't been exercising for quite sometime. Sooner or later, I'm going to grow bigger in size (horizontally). Think that's going to be a nightmare if it really happens. If fact, if I don't do anything soon, I'm really going bigger...

Think it's time for me to go for a jog in a park, or to do some exercises in the gym. I'm looking for people to go for a jog, or train in gym with me. Anyone interested? Those interested can come and tell me, then we'll settle the dates and the times to exercise.

tktktktktktktktk- The Art of Double-Tongueing
Recently, we were being taught how to double-tongue on the Flute. Think I'm starting to face some problems with that. Generally, when I tried to double-tongue, my "k" will sound generally weaker than my "t". Moreover, one, either "k" or "t", would sound longer or shorter than the other, giving an uneven playing. Haiz... this is just so difficult...

Anyway, when you play the Flute, you will have to tongue, by blowing with a "tu", rather than "fu" (no-tongueing, just blowing across the flute only). That's because "tu" will give a clearer sound than "fu".

In order to play faster passages (without slurs), we have to double-tongue ("tu ku tu ku..."). Single-tongueing will not let us play fast enough for very fast passages, so we have to double-tongue to make it faster. Well, the problem is that I still can't really double-tongue quickly, making my double-tongue sound only as fast as my single-tongue. My teacher can double-tongue as if he's just vibrating his tongue. Wonder how long will I take to master that...

More Absentees
Today, both Jasmine and Johanna were absent from the Flute lesson. I supposed they have something on. So, that means I would have to go home myself again. Well, never mind about that, since I'm already used to it already.

Anyway, the lesson will still go on, even if I'm the only one coming to class for that day. Basically we were doing technical works from our pieces and studies. Heng we were not doing double-tongueing. I can't really stand practising double-tongueing for like 30 minutes. Your tongue and your lips will start to have cramps when you double-tongue... Ok, ok, think I'm just a little bit exaggerating here... :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home