The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Exams Over!!!

Finally, Exams Over...
Yup, my exams for Semester 1 AY 2006/2007 ended on 2 Dec 2006 at 11am. Ok, don't think I'll do so well for my exams, so just hope I could at least get 2.50 for my CAP... Haiz... For PC1432 Physics IIE, think I'll have no hope already, only completed at most 50% of the paper and out of what I've written in the paper, think only at mot 50% correct... Ok, maybe only 25% for my paper... For other modules, still ok (as compared to Physics), just that I couldn't finish most of it on time... Never mind, I left out those that I don't know how to do anyway... Hopefully can get at least Cs and some Bs for this semester... :P

Well, results will be released on 27 Dec 2006 (for 1st year students), which is like just 2 Days after Christmas... Ok, think that got to be one of my worst Christmas presents that I have...

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon
Just last Saturday, I ran the Standard Chartered Singapore Half-Marathon 21.1km, with Wei Qiang and Dezhi. Supposed to meet up with them in the morning, but I forgot to bring my handphone along, so in the end, I just start of with myself. Before I start, I deposited my bag into the bag deposit counter. At least I don't have to carry my pouch along with my while I run.

The first 10km is ok, I managed to jog continuously without exhaustion. After 10km, my legs feel a bit tired, so I decided to slow down my pace. From 15km onwards, my legs start to have cramps. Yup, it's a little bit painful initially, but I still try to hang on with it. After running for quite some think, think from 16km to 17km onwards, the pain is getting quite unbearable. I couldn't run properly, so I have to run for like 100m, and walk for 200m... After the last turning point, which is from 18km onwards, I decided to walk throughout my last 3km, as the pain is getting too unbearable... Haiz... think I didn't do my warmup properly, could have run at a much shorter time instead since I'm still not exhausted yet... It's a pity, but never mind, I still managed to complete it under 3 hours... To be exact, my GunTime (based on the time they sounded the horn) is 2h41min47sec, and my ChipTime (my net timing based on the time I stepped on the mat) is 2h36min58sec. Yup, it took me about 4 to 5 minutes for me to reach the start mat.

Anyway, after I completed the run, I decided to rest for a while, drinking water and 100-plus given there, before collecting my bag. Well, tried to find Wei Qiang and Dezhi, but couldn't fins them. I suppose they have collected their bags, so I decided to collect mine. Haiz... Didn't expect the queue to be so long. The queue is just like a squeezed S-shape at the beginning, and it went around the baggage tentage at the end. Yup, it's quite long. After queueing for quite some time, a Cisco officer called me and the other 2 people out (those that carry the number tag starting from 17XXX and 18XXX) to join the queue near the tentage. Ok, it seems that there aren't that many people with tag number 17XXX and 18XXX collecting their bags at that time... Anyway, I managed to collect my own bag without a very short time when a volunteer managed to find me with my bag immediately...

Thought of finding a public phone to find Wei Qiang, but I managed to spot Dezhi there while collecting my bag. Ok, at least I could save some money from calling back home to ask someone at home to find Wei Qiang's phone number, and to call him from the public phone. We then went to Burger King to get a drink. Well, have to say that the drinks in Burger King had shrunk in size... The medium sized drink is the same as McDonald's regular size, while the large is McDonald's medium... Hmm... looks like with increase of GST, if price doesn't increase, then there will be a decrease in quantity...

One more thing about the marathon, I like the finisher medal. It looks like a souvenir made for tourists from Singapore. :P





Movie: Happy Feet
Just yesterday, I watched the movie "Happy Feet" with Wei Qiang and Dezhi. The movie was not too bad, the content is there. Well, it is quite musical I have to say, hear a lot of singing from the movie. Well, the penguins get their right partner by singing. Anyway, didn't really expect the ending to end that way, which was kind of a surprised to me.

After the movie, we went to SuperDog to have our dinner. Well, never tried that "fast-food" joint before, so decided to eat there. Well, the SuperDog are not as big as the one sold in "Wallaby" (most of the hotdogs contains beef by the way), but well, the meal is still very filling. Anyway, I ordered a Chilli Dog with Chilli fries. Have to say that the "Chilli" doesn't have much taste, and it is not spicy, even though they said that they are "proud of their chilli"... Hmm... Anyway, I really like the fries there. Think it's one of the best I've eaten. Not only it taste good, the crispiness of the fries is also "correct". Not too soft that it is like soggy fries, not too crispy that it is like crackers, it's just nice!!! The outside skin of the fries is very crispy, and the inside is still quite soft... Ok, I'm not good at expressing things, but it is one of the most perfect fries that I've eaten. Even thought the meal cost us about $8 to $10+ each, I have to say it is still worth it, especially the fries... :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home