The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Sunday, August 20, 2006

An Exhausting Week...

The Uneven Timetable
Unfortunately for me, the timetable is kind of uneven for me. For Tuesday, I'll be spending the whole day in NUS just for 3 periods of lessons. Yup, this means that there is a long break in between the lessons. Well, I could only put in one tutorial slot there, since I only can ballot the tutorials for 1 module. The other modules are already preallocated.

For Wednesday, on alternate weeks, Ill be rushing from one place to the other. Between 8am and 10am, I have my lecture at Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), which is located at the south-west side of NUS. Right after my lecture, I'll be rushing to School of Computing (SoC), which is located at the north-east side of NUS, for my programming practicals (if there's one on that week), which is from 10am to 12pm. This means I must sprint from FASS to SoC, which might take me more than 15 minutes to do so, or squeeze inside the shuttle bus with other students to SoC, which comes every 4 minutes...

That's not the end. After my programming practical at SoC, I have to rush to Faculty of Engineering (located at the west end of NUS) for my next lecture from 12pm to 1pm. Yup, either I have to sprint or to squeeze in the shuttle bus. Anyway, there are only like about 200 working seats (seats without broken tables) in that lecture theatre, and there are more than 200 students attending the lecture. So, if I have to rush from SoC to my lecture at FoE, most likely I would have to take up those seats with broken tables, or to sit on the stairways instead.

I finish my lessons late on Wednesday, so most likely I would already have "passed out" before going for my last lesson of the day...

Buying Textbooks
Well, so far I had spent about $200 on textbooks. Some people said that I should have bought the 2nd hand textbooks from the seniors, or from the 2nd hand book fair, or maybe just use the lecturers lecture notes or presentation slides. Well, I prefer newer textbooks, as it would not have writings in it, which may looks kind of messy. Yup, those writings can be helpful, but I'm used to my own writing. Sometimes I might not understand what other people write as well, so it's better for me to get a new textbook and write the notes myself. Getting the textbook would also supplement what I learn in the lectures, so that I can know a little more. Yup, that's learning.

Exhausted
Yup, the first week of lessons is NUS means there were a lot of admin stuff to do. We have to print out the lecture notes/presentation slides, check up for compulsory readings and buy the textbooks, familiarise with the place, and so on. It can be exhuasting, so exhausting that right after I reached home, I would just fall asleep straight away...

Friday: That Only Rest Day
Yup, this will be the only day where I can rest and relax for the whole semester. Anyway, I went to SAFRA Toa Payoh in the morning to collect my SSBR/AHM race pack at the race expo. Collected my SSBR/AHM T-shirt, goodie bag coupon, tag number and the pins at the expo. Just for those people who are interested, my tag number is 6094. So, anyone buying 4-D?

Well, I'll be running the 10km SSBR next Sunday with Wei Qiang, Hong Joo, and some other people which I still can't confirm if they are running as well. Yup, just next week only, so far only ran up to 6km... Well, never mind, I'm only taking part in the fun run, so should be ok if I walk for the next 4km... :P

Later at evening, I met up with Chun Hoo and Wei Qiang at Westmall for a movie "Dragon Tiger Gate". Well, initially, Chun Hoo thought that there's a great movie discount at Eng Wah cineplex, and wanted to watched Ant Bully, but it turned out that only "Dragon Tiger Gate" movie had that discount... Well, never mind, I know that somehow I'll have to watch this movie with someone. Anyway, the movie was not bad, the plot was kind of simple. Yup, we only paid $5 for each movie tickets. That's really cheap.

Saturday Run
Finally, Wei Qiang and I decided to go and run at Bishan Park on Saturday morning. Yup, we haven't been running for quite sometime already. Well, decided to spend our morning to train for the upcoming SSBR/AHM. Haha... Me kind of exhausted after running for about 4+km... Hmm... Looks like I might not be training enough...

1 Comments:

  • At 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home