The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Tiring Week...

The Evening Lectures
For the past few days, I had been attending the evening maths lecture conducted by the Electrical and Computer Engineering department. The lecture were about the maths that we were going to do during our course. Most of the things taught by them are applications of maths for our engineering course. Well, I didn't understand what they were teaching though... What they taught to us were either new to use, or I had learnt them before in junior college, but never use them in such a way... Yup, they were also very teaching very quickly as well. Before I could even finish at least half of the page of a presentation slide, they moved on to the next slide already. Hmm... One of the lecturer, Dr Loh, always like to use the word "this" and "that", pointing to the slides. Well, it was kind of confusing when she just kept using "this" and "that", expecting us to absorb from the presentation slides very quickly... Yup, the topics are kind of new to me, don't think I can absorb so fast, right? Another lecturer, Mr Yu, a PhD student, would use his own Chinese English to teach us, and present his lecture with his presentation slides very quickly. Always didn't have that time to copy all the things on the slide... Well, at least they posted the presentation slides on the website, so that I can read the slides at my own time.

For all the 4 lectures that I attended, I was late for the 3 lectures. Yup, I haven't had my dinner before coming for the lecture, so a few of us, including Hong Joo, would take our time to find a place for dinner and eat. Haha... We were late for like 15 minutes for the first 3 lectures... Hmm... Think that was really a bad start for school... :P Anyway, I have to comment that the McDonald in NUS is really cheap, each set meal is cheaper by $1 plus as compared to the McDonalds outside in Singapore. For those people who don't know where is McDonald in NUS, it is just beside Techno Edge canteen, the canteen in the Faculty of Engineering, which is quite near to the computer centre. Oh yeah, if you are a student in NUS, you will get discounts for dining in Subway inside NUS. That's nice, maybe I'll eat Subway everyday... :P Well, Subway is located near Yusof Ishak house, just for your information.

Tertiary Ez-Link Card
Yup, I had collected the card already, now I could apply for my concession pass. Only applied for the train concession, as I don't take the bus as much as I do for trains. It's cost me $45 per month (for 4 rides a day), but it's definitely worth it. Without the concession pass, I'll be spending $70+ per month for the train. With the pass, I just need to spend roughly $45 to $50 a month. Yup, will save about $20 a month in that case. Well, I didn't apply for the bus as I did not travel with the bus as often. So far, I only spent about $30+ for the bus trips per month. The bus concession pass would cost me $52 a month for unlimited trips, so I'll have wasted $20 for the bus concession pass... Well, you have to consider whether the concession pass would benefits you or not...

Anyway, the tertiary Ez-link card will also make a good photo-identity card. It can also be used to buy food from McDonalds's and some food courts, items from 7-eleven and any places and vending machines that accepts Ez-link card. It can also be used as a library card as well. How nice... At least I don't have to bring out my pink IC (which cost $300 to replace if I lose it) or my driving licence (unlesss I need to drive).

Happy National Day!!!
Well, don't really feel that National Day was here. Maybe because I wasn't in MOE schools anymore, so didn't really receive much National Education and all those stuffs...

Anyway, I spent my afternoon watching a movie "Click" myself. Well, have to say the the movie was quite nice. It was funny at the beginning and at the middle, where Michael misused the so-called universal remote control. It got a little touching when he realised the mistakes he had made.

Didn't really watch the National Day Parade on the television though. Just feeling a little tired to watch... Well, the National Day Parade didn't really seem appealing to me as well, maybe the fireworks may look kind of beautiful...

Non-ICT IPPT
Yup, I attempted my very first non-ICT IPPT just yesterday (Saturday). Well, I decided to take my IPPT in SAFRA Toa Payoh Gym as it was near my house. Some people might have asked me, why I didn't take my IPPT at FCC (Fitness and Conditioning Centre), as there are monetary awards for IPPT taken in FCC if I do well enough, whereas taking IPPT in the gyms do not have any monetary award, no matter how well I perform (as they set the 2.4km run on treadmill to be just only a pass standard). I have to say that I wasn't going after money, and after having a very long break without exercising, I feel that I couldn't get to even at least a Silver award, so I decided to take in the gym, since the SAFRA Toa PAyoh gym is very near to my house. Anyway, I didn't know how to go to any for the 3 FCC (Bedok, Maju and Khatib).

Some people also ask me why do I take my IPPT so early. Well, I have to say that my IPPT window was the FIRST to be opened in my platoon, after we ORD in March, so Wei Qiang is lucky enough to have his window be the last one to be opened, since he ORD in February, right before we ORD. Yup, so in that case, I have to be one of the first few to attempt my IPPT, right. Anyway, my window had already opened for quite some time, so I better take my IPPT someday soon.

Anyway, when I went to SAFRA Toa Payoh to take my IPPT, I realised that most of the people who come to the gym to take their IPPT are those people who birthdays are coming soon. Yup, there was one of them who told me that his birthday was on next Friday. So, actually, they were mostly birthday boys, who didn't want to be IPPT defaulters. Well, they chose the gym because the weather outside would affect the IPPT taken in gym, since it was conducted indoors.

Thought that I might not be able to pass my IPPT becuase of pull-up, but in the end, I managed to do 7 pull-ups. Hmm... I wonder how I could have done that without exercising... Anyway, I managed to pass all 5 stations. Well, after the treadmill run, when I went up for out-processing, the IPPT instructor accidentally delete my scores and particulars from the notebook. Well, the fitness instructors (which is also known as PTIs) thought that I forgot to do the in-processing, only when the IPPT instructor (the older indian guy) told him that he accidentally delete my records... Luckily, my IPPT records can be found in the PDA the Fitness Instructors used to record our scores, so the person had to key in my score manually instead. Well, as he had to do the in-processing to key in my scores, it look like I only took my whole IPPT for about 30 seconds, as the time difference between the in-processing and the out-processing was only like 30 seconds apart... Well, just that something screwed up...

Anyway, I got my IPPT test receipt here with me. The test receipt will be given to the people right after their IPPT test, to keep track of their scores. Yup, have to keep the receipt just in case they forgot to input my scores into their database, and if they accused me of being IPPT defaulters, I can show them this receipt. Well, here's mine.



Happy Birthday Zhiliang
Went for the Zhiliang birthday celebration at his house. Well, as Zhiliang had too many guest to entertain, he message me to tell us to go to his place by our own. Well, after meeting with Shi Qing, Hong Joo and Victor there, we took the first bus that we saw that went to Zhiliang's house. About the present, the 4 of us shared the sheep soft toy costing about $28 as a birthday present for Zhiliang.

Well, as we were about to enter the condomimium area, there was this cat that kept following us. When Zhiliang opened the side gates for the 4 of us to enter, the cat flollowed us inside the place as well... Hmm... I supposed the cat was smart enough that there was a party going on in the function room in the condominium area, so that would mean food for the cat... Haha...

Anyway, the food was quite nice there. Hmm... I was wondering which caterer did they ordered the food from. The cake was also nice as well. Yup, kind of rare of me to say that, since I don't like to at cakes... Anyway, we also had a bit of fun there, especially when there were some people throwing the birthday boy into the swimming pool.

As I was feeling a bit giddy and tired, I decided to leave earlier, with the "Easties" (Shi Qing, Hong Joo and Wenhao). Yup, I was really feeling so tired, right after I reached home, I went to my bed and sleep straight away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home