The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Monday, April 10, 2006

A Step Closer to University

Medical Examination at UHWC
Actually, I could have forgotten to go for the medical checkup, as the letter was being sent at the beginning of the year. It's only when I decided to reapply for the university courses, then I realised I need to for the medical examination for admission to National University of Singapore (NUS).

They as set aside dates of medical examination for different courses. Mine happened to be the very first day, which is today. Those NSF with reserved places and are enrolling in academic year (AY) 2006-2007 doing Medicine, Dentistry, Economics & Law, Materials Science & Engineering, Computer Engineering (School of Computing) and Applied Science are to go for the medical examination today at University Health and Wellness Centre (UHWC) in Yusof Ishak House (which is inside NUS).

Since I do not know anyone doing those courses as mentioned above, I had to go for the thing myself. Heng I still can find my way there.

The medical checkup/examination is kind of like the one we did before going in for National Service (at least they don't check on your body thoroughly), without dental checkup. They don't have the X-ray machine inside UHWC, so they will bring us to Bukit Batok Polyclinic to have our X-ray done (no worries, transport will be provided to the polyclinic). After that, we can choose to go back home from the polyclinic, or go back to NUS and go back home from there.

Basically, this medical examination is just somewhat similar to the one we had done previously. Oddly, when I went there just now, there wasn't much people inside. Maybe because of the small number of Medicine and Dentistry students, and also this is for NSF who reserved their places in NUS.

NUS Union Camp 2006 - Should I Go?
After the medical examination, there's 2 people from NUS Students' Union (something like our JC Student Counsellor) approaching me, and ask me whether I want to sign up for the Union Camp 2006, which is held from 11 July to 15 July. Well, I don't whether I should go or not. The leaflet says that there's "extreme fun not to be missed". Well, I don't know how extreme is extreme. I afraid they might come out with some funny ideas, which could be worst then the JC orientation that we have. Anyway, I'll see how is it first. See if anyone I know of joining this camp.

Anyone want to join this camp?

Weight: No Change
While taking height and weight in UHWC, I noticed that my weight still remains as 59kg. That's odd, I haven't been exercising much this year, and I seemed to be eating a lot of junk food recently. Thought there should be a significant amount in an increase in weight... Well, I supposed I might have skipped too many meals, or maybe because I'm losing out all my heavy muscles, and gain some fats, that's why my weight still remains the same.

Healthy Lifestyle
Anyway, I'll be joining the Newpaper Big Walk as part of the healthy lifestyle. I'm also started to take the stairs up instead of taking the lifts, from the 1st storey to the 8th storey (just for your information, I ALWAYS walk down the stairs from 8th storey to 1st storey, only use the lifts down when I have things to carry).

By the way, I can help people to sign up THe Newpaper Big Walk as a fun-walker, so those interested can SMS me your particulars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home