The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Nice and Cooling Rainy Day

Greetings
Good evening, thank you for visiting and reading my low-visitor-count blog. I decided to put up a new blog entry tonight, since I'm surfing the net currently, and I'm not playing any games ("The Sims 2" and "Paper Mario" to be precise) at the moment.

Rain
It had been raining a lot quite recently. This is somewhat expecting, since there are usually a lot of rain at the very end and at the beginning of the year. I heard that there are floods along and near Thomsom road and Lornie road. That is quite near to where I lived. Well, at least there were no floods today in Bishan, even though it rained a lot from morning to evening. So, I assume that Bishan is at a higher grounds, or it has proper drainage which drain rain water easily.

Gaming and Sleeping
Today, I spent most of the time sleeping. A cool raining day makes it a good time to sleep as it is cosier. I only spent a few hours playing Paper Mario so far, just managed to complete Chapter 7. Just one more Chapter to go, and I'm done with the game. I still thinking whether I should sleep early tonight, or to continue playing Paper Mario. How about The Sims 2, some people may asked. I'll continue to play once I complete Paper Mario. Gamecube games can be very addictive, especially games that is published by Nintendo. Even though Gamecube only has about 600 game titles (as compared to 2000+ for Playstation 2 and 1000+ for Xbox for 6th generation consoles), it has many good games available within the 600 game titles. That is how it managed to survived despite it's low popularity. Even though the games are good, it is not officially sold here in Singapore, which I think it can be a pity. Yup, my gamecube is an imported one, just for your information.

Food
After reading Hong Joo's blog, I really feel like going around Singapore to eat, but recently I have constipation. Yup, constipation for about 1 week. So, currently I'm trying to take those food that is very high in fibre, so that I can do my business as per normal. Ok, I admit that I still eat a lot of junk food. That is what happened if you exert too much pressure and stress during exams, which can even carry on after your exams (for me especially).

Movie
Currently there are 2 movies on my mind, "Night at the Museum" and "Charlotte's Web". Hopefully, I can catch "Night at the Museum" by this week or early next week, and "Charlotte's Web" by next week or before my Academic Semester starts, that is provided I can stay away from my Laptop or Gamecube.

Nintendo Wii
Just last Sarturday, before meeting my NUS friends for lunch, I went to Gamescore at Funan to preorder a Nintendo Wii. Anyway, I told my parents that I will be getting one Nintendo Wii, and there are fine about that (provided I don't neglect my studies). So, I paid a $50 deposit, and wait for their phonecall once Nintendo Wii is officially out in Singapore and pay the rest. My bank account is going to have less money, but I'm fine about that, since I've plan to get one of that console for a long time.

Meeting Up with NUS Friends
After preordering a Nintendo Wii, I met up with my NUS friends, Kian Heng, Meijun, Hong Joo (also considered as my NUS friend, so he is one of them that has 2 or more friend status, namely NS friend and NUS friend), Yaoliang and Gavin, for a lunch. Kavan (another one that has 2 or more friend status, in fact 4 to be exact) is not free on that day, as he is caroling at Tiong Bahru. If he told us earlier that he is caroling at Tiong Bahru, we might even go there and hear him sing Christmas Carols. After some pondering, we decided to settle down at Din Tai Fung at Wisma Atria and have our lunch there. Ordered some noodles and sides for my combined breakfast and lunch.

After that, we walked to Meridian Hotel to play pool. It's about $10 per hour per table, so we played for about 2 hours. I think I'm quite lucky at the beginning, getting a lot of pool balls into the holes, considering the fact that I'm still a newbie. The luck wear off after that, when I keep striking my opponents pool ball into the hole.

It is a fun day, and the good thing is I didn't spend the whole day playing electronic games, at least reducing the chance of getting eyesight problems.

NUS Examination Results
The official release of NUS examination results is between 26 Dec to 27 Dec. For me, I will be getting my official result online on 27 Dec at 7am. Well, some people managed to have sneak preview of their results a few days back. It is a pity that I missed the sneak preview, but I ok about that. At least I have a few more days to survive in that case. Well, I heard that some people hacked into the system and let out the results, but still, I don't really know what is the actual case.

Anyway, I heard that Kai Quan is doing very well for his exams, so I assume that he had gotten 4.9+ for his CAP (Cumulative Average Point), that is assuming that it is very difficult to get an A+ or an A for EG1413 (Critical Thinking and Writing). Well, I'll never be able to get that high for my SAP (Semestral Average Point), not to talk about my CAP. Anyway, I will just be less than 8 days before I get to know my results.

Ending
Ok, it comes to an end of this blog entry. Hope that you will visit this blog again for updates and so on (and also to increase my visitor count :P).

Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home