The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Happy Birthday, Ah Girl!!!

My Sister's Birthday
Haha... today is my sister's birthday. Anyway, we had celebrated her birthday last week at Genki sushi. Well, I gave her the cushion that I bought yesterday for her. Now she has more comfy stuffs to rest on. We didn't really celebrate her birthday today, because we had something else that we need to do as well today. Well anyway, she will be celebrating her birthday with her friends tonight.

Well, I always call her "girl" because she will always call me "boy". Well, think that's fair, right?

Sunday - Can't Really Wake Up Late
Well, it's Sunday today, but my parents will wake me up to go for breakfast with them. Haiz... so sad that I cannot sleep more... I'm just that kind of person that like to sleep a lot. Anyway, after my parents woke me up, I had to get off the bed lazily and unwillingly, and brush my teeth.

Sleeping and Dreaming
Well, don't you agree that sleeping is nice? You can just dream whatever that is impossible in real life, like you yourself flying in the air, casting magics, spells or hexes, and whatever dream that you like. But of course, there can be nightmares at some times. Well, the odd thing is that I will always dream of studies and exams. Inside my dreams, I will always left so much of unfinished homework, and the deadline is like a few days time, so I will start to panic and rush through my homework. In some dreams, I didn't prepare for my exams. In the end, I didn't know how to do a lot of questions, kind of freak me out. In other dreams, I had missed so much classes, lectures and lessons that I realised that I forgot all the work that I leanrt last time. Thinking that the exams were round the corner, I would start to get panic.

Haha... kind of an odd dreams... But anyway, after spending so much time inside the army camp, I think I might have forgotten quite a lot from what I learn for A Levels... Don't really know if I can survive in the university though...

Violin Matters
My Violin teacher always said that we don't practise enough for violin, so we would play quite terribly inside the class... Well, that's kind of true for me... I always don't think of practising violin... Me kind of guilty for that... But anyway, now that I have work, I didn't have that much time to practise. Haha... come to think of it, my Violin exams are getting nearer each day, but my playing still isn't up to the standard yet... Think I must really find my time to practise more...

After my lesson, I went to Music Essentials to get a Violin book, Kabalevsky Albumstücke (Album Pieces). I bought that book because I wanted to learn how to play Märchen (Fairy Tale). The piece is quite nice actually. Think I might be doing that for my exams (still considering). The book is quite expensive, costing $31.90. Well, music scores are always that expensive, since they are imported from other countries, usually European countries like Britain, Germany, etc.

Moon Sprites or Märchen
Should I perform Moon Sprites or Märchen for my exams? Well, I'm still considering. I'll be practising on both pieces so that I can really decide which one I should do for my exams.

For Märchen, the piece is nice. Märchen is more difficult than Moon Sprites, but is played more slowly. There are more ties to handle (a tie would means one bow stroke to play a few notes) in Märchen as well, but at least the whole piece just requires bowing only, unlike Moon Sprites, which requires you to pluck the Violin strings at the end of the piece. My transition from bowing to plucking is still quite slow, resulting the piece to lag at that part when I played that piece... Anyway, Märchen is generally longer than Moon Sprites in terms of the length of the piece. Haha... still can't decide what I should perform though.

Anyway, since I can't really upload the music from the Violin exam pieces CD due to piracy laws, I created a midi file by myself instead for both pieces for you'll to listen and see if you can help me to decide, and YES, I really created these 2 midi's all by myself. Kind of took me sometime to create the midi, especially the program I'm using is a freeware, which lacks quite a lot of features, so I can't really make the dynamics changes, and I have to spent a lot of time doing the ritardando (becoming gradually slower) part for Märchen. Well, the midi might not sound that good though, since it's midi...

Well, the midis are not ready for download, so just hang on for a moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home