The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

2007 First Post

Happy New Year!!!
Before I start my blog entry, I would like to wish everybody (yes I know it's a bit late now) a belated Happy New Year!!! For Muslims, I would like to wish them a very belated Selamat Hari Raya Haji!!!

Suki Sushi Lunch Outing
Last Friday, I went out with my Secondary school friends, Kavan, Wei Jian, Siu Hang and Wen Jie for a lunch outsing at Suki Sushi at ORchard Cineleisure. I haven't been eating any sushi for a very long time, so think it would be a very good time for me to have a sushi buffet with them.

Initially I ate those sushi from the conveyor belt with Kavan and Siu Hang, while Wei Jian and Wen Jie kept ordering food from the person. After eating for about 7 or 8 plates, I started ordering food from the person as well. Yup, I ate too much rice already, so it's time for a change.

Well, think in total I ate more than 15 plates of food and 3 glasses of orange juice, which I supposed it should be enough to cover the cost of the buffet. I felt very full after the lunch that I could not really walk properly. Anyway, I decided to skipped dinner after that, as I did not have any appetite for dinner.

NUS Cors bidding
Well, just after I got my results, I logged in to CORS to do my bidding for EG1413 - Critical Thinking and Writing. The only 4 slots I could bid from are E35 to E38 Sectional Teaching classes, and each class only have 1 available slot for new student. I kind of hesitated whether I should bid this module for this semester, paying more than 100 points, or to wait for next semester and bid it with lower points. After switching Sectional Teaching classes for like 3 days, I decided to put 305 points for E37 right before I went out for my lunch outing (also the time they started on close bidding).

Ok, I got the module eventually, but I had to pay 305 points for the module (because there are 2 other people bidding for the modules as well). Yup, me being the highest bidder, got the sectional class. Feel kind of upset that I spent so much for that module, but anyway, at least I got that module...

I also managed to get MKT1003 for 1 point, but I decided to drop it as I heard that the workload for MKT1003 is very heavy, and I could not fit my tutorial schedule properly as well. Well, look like I have to find another module to replace that, or I'll just stick on to 5 modules.

Anyway, the modules that I'm taking next semester (tentatively) are as follows:
CS1102C - Data Structures and Algorithms
CS1231 - Discrete Structures
EG1413 - Critical Thinking and Writing
MA1506 - Mathematics II
MLE1101 - Introductory Materials Science and Engineering


Hmm... Some people might ask me how I'm able to take CS1102C, EG1413 and MA1506 with that results I posted just now? Ok, so for now, I decided to modify my results so that I can take those modules.



Well, next semester will be a semester with more workload, even with just 5 modules that I currently have. CS1102C, a C++ programing (OOP) module which carry 5 MCs, will carry the most workload among the other modules that I have. 3 lecture periods, 2 labs periods + programming labs and 1 tutorial period + tutorials every week, which can be very demanding for people like me who haven't even master C programming (non-OOP) properly yet. There are also certain changes from C to C++... Look like I really need to work very hard for this module to at least pass...

For CS1231, this is not really about programming. It's something about logic + mathematics (if I'm not wrong). From what I know, at lot of people failed the module. Even if they pass, they only got a grade D or at most a grade C. Haven't come across anyone who got an A, or even a B, for this module yet... Kind of scary... So this would mean I need to pay more attention to this module and very very hard as well to pass...

Ok, more workload for me next semester. I'm still thinking whether I should take up a Singapore Studies module and S/U it...

Movie: Borat
Ok, my 1st movie for 2007, also my first R21 movie. Well, the movie seems quite funny, so I decided to watch that movie. Heard from my sister the the movie has a lot of crude jokes, don't know if anyone of you there would want to watch it, so I catch it myself instead.

Well, it's really funny, and of course there are some crude scenes as well. Don't feel like writing what I watched here on this blog though... :P

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home