The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Time for a Break!!!

Exams Over
Finally, the exams are over. Not excited about getting the results back, since I know I'm going to do very badly (the first semester is already shocking enough, think this semester it is going to be even more shocking...). Anyway, results is just another matter. Now, it's time to have fun!!!

Wii
Ok, I've made a minor mistake in the previous post. It should be just simply called "Wii", not "Nintendo Wii". Ok, I've been playing this for the past few days (not the whole day of course). Currently, I only have 3 games, namely Wii Sports (which come inside with the console), Sonic and the Secret Rings (not that I'm interested in this game, but I'm being "forced" to buy this with the console) and Elebits (just bought it quite recently). Anyway, you can use the Wii to play Gamecube games as well, which is good since I have some Gamecube games with me. One thing that kind of surprise me is that the Wii, which uses the slot-loading optical media drive, is able to accept both the 12cm Wii disc and 8cm Gamecube disc (as shown in the pictures below). Hmm... I wonder how did they managed that...





For Wii Sports, it comes with 5 games, namely Tennis, Boxing, Bowling, Baseball and Golf. Yup, you use the Wii-mote to simulate using a racket in tennis, using the bat in baseball and hitting the golf ball with the golf club. For boxing, you'll need the nunchuk (so your nunchuk will be on your left hand and your Wii-mote on your right hand and simulate boxing).

For Sonic and the Secret Rings, you hold the Wii-mote horizontally and just like driving, you control sonic by tilting the controller to the left or right (and any other special moves will require some different kinds of movements with the Wii-mote).

Elebits is something like a shooting game, where you capture the Elebits with the capture gun to gain watts, and to move the objects to find the hidden Elebits. You can either use the circular transparent button on top of the Wii-mote (which is the "A" button) or the trigger button at the bottom of the Wii-mote (which is the "B" button) to shoot at the Elebits. The nunchuk is used to navigate the area. Anyway, I feel that I'm not really good at play this game, since I'm getting mostly grade C for most of my missions (with only 1 grade B and 1 grade A, and I also failed some of the missions a few times before I managed to clear it).

Well, I'm hoping to try out the internet using the Wii soon, but unfortunately I don't have a Wireless connection at home currently, so think I might have to wait...

By the way, for those who have Wii, please remember to do your warm-up first before playing it, especially if you are going to play some sport-related games. Yup, I've got cramps after playing Wii Sports for quite some time...

New Phone: Nokia 2626



Just recently, my Nokia 6610 phone went bonkers. Yup, the screen just wouldn't show anything. So just today, I've got a new phone, Nokia 2626 (costing about $100+). Yup, it is a Nokia 2-series phone without camera (so it's ok to bring this phone into the "No Camera Handphone" area). Ok, my new handphone may not be as good as the one you'll are holding currently (I know most of you'll have camera phones, some even have much more advanced features as well), but well I'm just satisfied with this phone, since I just only need to make phonecalls and SMS (at least this phone has better features than my old Nokia 6610).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home