The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Sunday, February 25, 2007

A New Flute

New Flute: YFL-581H
Just this morning, I went out with my father to get a new flute. Well, my teacher has been yakking at me about when I'm getting a new flute, since last year... So, since my father still have a little spare money, he agreed to buy one for me. Ok, after buying the new flute, and after all the Chinese New Year stuff, we ran out short of money, so looks like we need to save some money, and I better get a temporary job during holidays to make up with the money... Yup, I know there's ICT during the holidays, but it's good to get a job, right (but I hope that there's make up pay for ICT even if we are holding a temporary job).

Anyway, I actually wanted to get the closed-hole, offset-G flute with B footjoint, so that would be either YFL-514H or YFL-614H. Unfortunately, Yamaha (Singapore) did not import YFL-514H and YFL-614H to Singapore. Well, thought of making a special order, so the staff there helped me to ask Yamaha (Japan) about the price of YFL-514H and YFL614H, and they only state the price of YFL-614H (don't know why they didn't tell us the price of YFL-514H though). Kind of shocking that YFL-614H costs about S$4400, which is about S$500 more expensive than YFL-614 (the one with just a C footjoint).

Anyway, I decided to get YFL-584H, which is opened-hole, inline-G flute with B footjoint, since my teacher told me that most professionals are using those kind of flute, rather than closed-hole or offset-G flute. Yup, the price of the flute is supposed to be around S$3300+, but as a Yamaha student, there is an 8% discount, so we paid around S$3000 for the flute. I also wanted to trade in my old flute (YFL-261), so that we could pay less for the new flute, but we later decided not to, as my father said that I may use the old one as spare.

Ok, look like there will be no good birthday for me for the next few years, since I won't be getting presents from them (but never mind, I didn't get anything good and special on my 21st birthday anyway). Most likely no overseas tour until I graduate as well (but never mind also, I need to concentrate on my studies first, and I haven't go for a group tour for like 7 years).

Here are some of the pictures of the new flute.


This is the flute outer cover.


Flute outer cover and the inner case (with the flute inside).


Flute case with the flute inside.


A comparison between my old YFL-261 flute (top) with my new YFL-584H flute (bottom). Notice that the new flute is longer in length (due to the B-footjoint), and the G-key is at the different position as well (offset-G for YFL-261, inline-G for YFL-584H). Both of the flute are opened-hole, just that the holes are smaller for YFL-584H than YFL-261 (well, I usually play my YFL-261 with the hole-plug, so I'm not really trained in playing opened-hole flute).

Mini-Cards
While visiting my relatives house, I found a set of playing cards that is very small in size. Well, the cards are actually meant for the playhouse that my relatives has, so they are meant to be small (but not really small enough for the playhouse though).

So, here is the picture of the cards.


Yup, very small in size. I wonder if anyone can shuffle and distribute the cards properly, and also to prevent the cards from being blown away with just a light breeze...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home