The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Monday, February 19, 2007

Chinese New Year: A Discussion of the Past

Let's Discuss
Ok, other than collecting red packets, eating a lot of Chinese new year goodies and bakkwa, exchange mandarin oranges and so on, our relatives also discuss some of the things of the past and some situations.

Well, think some people know that I have an Eurasian cousins (half Italian/Chinese). One of my Eurasian cousins, Jonathan, is already reaching 1.86m in height, and is still growing. His mother (which is my aunt) predict that he would stop growing at the height of 1.88m. His mother also told us that about 1 year ago, when he bring Jonathan for some medical checkup, the doctor told her that Jonathan should avoid getting dengue fever or any high fever. Why? Because getting such high fever for those who are still growing will make the person much taller after he recover (which means he might hit more than 1.9m if he get high fever). Aiyah... If I knew that, then during the dengue fever epidemic when I'm much younger (not the latest dengue fever epidemic) and still growing, I should have visit the dengue-fever-prone areas and get contacted with dengue fever, so that I can grow taller than what I am now (that is assuming I can recover from the fever)... Ok, anyway, never mind about that, since most of the men I know are of about the same height as me.

We also discussed something about the past when I'm still a toddler or a very young child. My grandparents were still living in that old wooden attap house in Jalan Pemimpin when I'm around that age (think they only moved out when I'm about 4 or 5 years old). Well, one of my cousin still remember that I fell off from the high slope near the house (the house is located at the top of the slope). Yup, my parents and relatives didn't really know that I fall of the slope, until they found out that I went missing. Initially, they couldn't find me, as I was being covered by the tall and long grass surrounding the house. It's only when they hear me shouting for help, that they managed to find me inside the grass near the drain... Hmm... I couldn't really remember that incident though, only my parents and my relatives remembered that. The surprising thing is that I wasn't hurt badly in any way while I fall off the slope (no dislocations or fractures, maybe some small bruises). Maybe because the tall grass acts as a "cushion" while I fall off.

Of course, we discussed about things like how I was often bullied by one of my cousin (the one who still remember about the incident I fell of the slope) whenever they come to the house, and "snatched" away the TV, the incident where the same cousin and my sister throw the shoes and slippers everywhere outside the house and so on. Yup, we were just a naughty bunch of kids then, including me. :P Of course, there are some nice and sweet memories carrying inside that old attap house (already demolished to give way to some industrial/office buildings). If there is a chance, I might post up some of the photos up here. Still remember that my grandparents breed chickens at the back of the house (unfortunately, the chickens were been killed and eaten up by a greedy snake later on...).

Movie: Just Follow Law
Went to watch this movie with my parents at 12.50am (yup, after midnight, don't know why they want to choose such timings). Anyway, I have to say that the content is so-so, but the show is very funny. It is just kind of unexpecting for Fann Wong to act out in such rogue manner (after the character "switched" bodies). Imagine when the woman inside the male body shouted for molest when the man inside the female body touches himself (or maybe herself)... Yup, some sacrifices have to be made when the bodies are switched. Of course, after the switched, the woman would behave like a man, while the man would behave like a woman... Kind of funny and odd with some of the scenes there. There is also a security guard who follow strictly by the law. Yup, when the fire engine park on the VIP lot to save the building from the fire, he went to wheel-clamp the fire engine... Hmm... I wonder if this really happened here...

A Super Pasta Feast
Today, we visit our relatives houses. Yup, more red packets to collect, but not as much as the first day. Anyway we arrived to one of my cousins house to have our lunch there. My cousin is learning how to baked pastas and pizzas from my aunt, so she's trying out the cooking to let us try. Anyway, her pasta and pizza was not that bad, considering that she was first time baking such dishes, but as I was feeling a bit hungry, I ate a lot of pasta and 2 slices of pizza in the end.

After that, we went to visit another relatives house. Well, they ordered pizzas from Canadian Pizza, and KFC Feast Meals as well. They invited us to eat the commercial pizzas, but we were feeling a bit full after eating the homemade pizzas... Wanted to get 2 slices of pizzas (1 from each flavours) to find out the difference between the commercial and the homemade one, but I was feeling too full to do so... Yup, I like eating pizzas, hopefully one day I can learn how to make pizza myself from my aunt one day, so that I can baked my own pizza whenever I feel like eating. Yup, there's frozen pizzas, but I don't like frozen pizzas,as they taste kind of wierd...

Yup, it is a long and sleepy day for me. As the movie ends at around 3am, we reached home at 3.15am, and think I only start to sleep at around 3.30am, so I only wake up at 10am after my mother woke me up. Spent most of the time in the car and in relatives house sleeping... Never mind, usually my parents and my grandparents did the talking and chatting while in the relatives house, while I just made my appearence to exchange oranges (and collect red packets and eat the CNY goodies :P), and if my cousins are around, talk and chat a bit with them. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home