The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

SoC Day!!!

SoC Day
Well, even though this day has got to do nothing much with the engineers, it does has some impact to some of the non-SoC people, especially those students from Computer Engineering (FoE) Science students majoring in Computational Biology, and maybe also Other non-SoC people taking CS modules (except CS1101C, CS1102C, IT1005, IT1801 and any CS/IT modules design specially for non-SoC people).

Today is Tuesday, so we are supposed to have CS1231 lecture from 1-2pm. Well, since it's SoC day, there's no-lesson from 12pm onwards, so that means we don't have CS1231 lecture today (CS1231 tutorial is still on though). Well, since I have no lab today, that means my lesson ends at 12pm instead of 2pm. Ok, I'm back home 2 hours earlier than usual, so that means I can sleep more in the afternoon. :P Ok, I admit that I'm that kind of person that likes to sleep, but well, I'm sure everybody have their "own preference".

Hmm... Will there be make-up CS1231 lectures? Usually there's make up lesson if the lesson is being missed due to some events or holidays, but it seemed that our lecturer is slowing down his pace for the module. Haven't heard anything related to make-up CS1231 lecture, so most likely there might not be one (especially since we just missed only 1 hour of lecture). Ok, we still have to cross our fingers...

Test Results
Got my MLE1101 test results from the mail yesterday. Well, just because of that PSP-square question, I lose my precious 2 marks... Anyway, the average for the mid-term test seems to be very high, about 19.8. Well, that was kind of expected, since 10% of the cohort managed to score full marks (25) for the test. Ok, this also means that at least 10% of the people know what is PSP-square (or at least managed to guess correctly). Hmm... I just managed to get past the 19.8 marks by a little bit, so that means I'm just a little bit above average... Look like I need to work harder for this module.

"I have finish marking all the scripts. The last script was marked on the way back from Tokyo. So I haven't key in the score yet, and also I think I will need to do some moderation... Heavy moderation I think. I don't know, you will see. So... but the score that I'm going to give you... will be your actual score, so you will see your own score, and then... at the end, before the exam, I'm going to give you 1 more CA score, then you will know how heavy is the moderation."
That is what our C++ lecturer told us during the lecture yesterday. Oops... Look like most of the people had really flop in the mid-term test... Never mind, at least there is heavy moderation, which can be a good news to most of the people. Well, we will have to see how badly (or maybe how well for the computer experts) we had done for our mid-term test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home