The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Thursday, June 07, 2007

A "Challenging" Task

The Accompanist
Before I start, anyone wants to be my piano accompanist for my upcoming violin exams? Well, all I have to say that I'm still at the beginners grade. :P

Anyway, just recently, I've been ask to play for someone for flute exam. That's means I might be taking up 2 people for the accompanist, one Grade 1 flute and the other Grade 4 flute. When I received this message, I started to panic. Haven't been playing the piano much often, especially during the period of "green" and "books" (yup, it's that "green" that degrades my piano skills from Grade 8 to Grade 5). Well, I still accept this assignment since the person can't really find an accompanist (by the way, I'm just an "emergency" accompanist, which is to accompany those people who couldn't find an accompanist when the exams are nearing).

The Grade 1 Flute piano part is fine, but the Grade 4 Flute piano part... Hmm... While trying out the parts, I realised that I started to lose my agility and flexibility... Well, at least it is still a little better than the "post-green" period. There are quite a lot of "jumping" chords, and I always had "misses" while playing those chords, which also means I kept playing the wrong notes.

Well, never mind about that. Anyway, "practise makes perfect", so I'll "try my best" (even though I'm always very lazy to do so) to dig out some of my time to play the piano parts (and not to forget to practise my pieces for my exams as well).

From this month onwards, I'll have my flute lesson on Thursday evening. This means that my weekends will be free (so more time to get lazy... :P). Anyway, as the level goes up higher, and now that I'm going for individual lesson, the fees also increase by $63 (including GST). Hmm... Kind of get a little too expensive... Well, think after I finish my flute exams (be it pass or fail), I'll stop my flute lesson, which can be temporary or permanent, depending whether I want to continue next time or not.

The Nintendo DS
Just recently, the US version of Pokémon Diamond/Pearl was released and sold here in Singapore. Kind of tempted to get a Nintendo DS Lite, but still thinking whether I should get a DS or not. Of course, there are also other great games for the DS as well (like Mario Kart, Brain Age, Animal Crossing DS, Final Fantasy etc.) and I've been thinking for quite a long time about whether I should get a DS Lite since last year, but still haven't make a firm decision. Well, once I have that money, I might consider getting one. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home