The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Always Tired...



Whew...

Whoop!!! There were fewer applications that I need to key in today... Only like 40+ applications. Haha... I was a bit busy in the morning though, trying to figure out how to use the Sema on AS400 to print out customers inquiries and informations. Haha... think I print some of the things wrongly for Conie... but never mind, the people there are quite nice anyway... :P

Anyway, there were much fewer applications today as compared to the past few days. I finish all at around 5pm, so I decided to help Guan Si to do the filing. Anyway, the filing thing will never be finish, since there are way too many documents needed to be filed. Well, I can also take filing as a type of exercies, since I need to walk a lot and climb the ladder to find the file.

Acceptance Letter?
Well, I heard from my colleagues that she got a phonecall from her father, telling her that she had a NUS letter. She was hoping that it is an acceptance letter, and not any kind of brochure telling her there will be new courses coming up in NUS. Well, as I got home, I decided to check about my application status, and I received this.



Well, what do you think? Think people like Kavan and Hong Joo will be happy about that. Hmm... Kavan (my Pri school schoolmate, Sec school classmate and JC college mate) and Hong Joo (my army campmate) will be doing the same course: NUS Electrical Engineering. Think they will really make good brothers there... :P

Arm Exercise, Anyone?
As I was flipping through my CDs, I stumbled across this DVD called Achieving Success, which I bought it some time back. Well, it's a DVD publish by ABRSM Publishing, which shows video about some examples of the candidates performing for the Diploma exams, showing which students get a distincion, which get a high/clear pass or a pass only.

There's this section about the violin performances, where the girl play the violin for DipABRSM (1st level diploma, there's 3 levels for ABRSM diploma). Well, one of the piece she performed is Moto perpetuo by Bridge. Wow... this is one piece that requires very vigorous bow movement (in which you need to move you right arm very vigourously and quickly). Hmm... the movement is kind of like carrying a weight with one of your hands and move your arm up and down very quickly... Think this piece would be good for arm training... If that's the case, I must better train up on my violin skills more so that I can perform such pieces to exercise my arm... It might help in toning up your muscles, you know...

She also perform this piece No.2 in From my Native Country by Smetana, where she had to change the strings very often (bowing from one string to another). By doing this, you need to move your whole arm quite often (the movement kind of a bit like a chicken wings... :P). Think this is also good for your hand training...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home