The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Violin and Flute Exams

Up to the Standard Yet?
Haha... Don't know if I can make it for my violin and flute exams or not. Well, I put July as my exams month, but still not confirm wwhich month I'll be taking. Wah... just in case it is in July, don't know whether I'll have enough time for me to buck up or not...

Flute
Ok, my flute pieces are somewhat fine, sometimes I might stumble though, due to the shortage of breath (sometimes I might forget to breathe). But overall, I still can manage all my 3 pieces. BUT my flute scales are somewhat pathetic... Haha... I don't practise much on my flute, so didn't really to bother practising my flute scales. Haiz... Still have a lot of problems playing scales that involved high register, since I always press the wrong keys. The slurred scales are those that I worried most... I'll always get out of breath after playing a few notes. Still quite uncertain with the fingering when comes to the higher register... Hmm... think going to lose my 21 marks there...

Violin
Well, my violin scales are fine so far. Think maybe because I'm only doing Grade 2 violin, so I don't reallly have to deal with changing of positions. Anyway, our teacher will always let us do scales inside the class, so there should not be much of the problems. BUT, my violin pieces are still quite pathetic (well, just the exact opposite for my flute). Well, I'm the only one in the class doing violin exams, so I have to do the pieces all by myself... Haha... the thing is I don't practise much, so I'll play quite terribly, sometimes out of tune, when attempting the pieces... Think I must start practising ever night, or else I'll waste my money there (the exams don't come cheaply, you know...)

Aural
Forget quite a lot of things about music stuff after I'm in the army (it's all that national service thing fault... :P). Hmm... think must also start reading up more also, or I can't really answer the questions... :P

Anyway, I have started practising my violin pieces at night quite recently. Still can't decide between Märchen and Moon Sprites yet... Well, too bad I can't really let you listen those pieces, since I still cannot find the host to upload those midi files. Never mind, I'll post the scores for you'll to see and determine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home