The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Great Music Sale

Friday Night Movie
Well, last Friday night, I watch Da Vinci Code with Kavan, Wei Jian and Siu Hang. Haha... while in the office, I wasn't feeling that well. Just for no reason, when I go to Toa Payoh Hub to meet them, I felt sooooo much better. Hmm... I think all the walking around made me feel better. Ok, think it's time for me to exercise.

Well, we were discussing whether we wanted to watch Over the Hedge or Da Vinci Code. Ok, just decided for Da Vinci Code anyway, since Siu Hang mentioned about the show. Well, I also bought one popcorn combo just for myself. Anyway, I'm still ok eating the popcorn, just don't know why.

Well, at first, Siu Hang only bought 3 tickets for the movie, because only the 3 of us, Kavan, Wei Jian and I paid the movie tickets to him. Then, he realised that he forgot to buy the tickets for himself! Haha... anyway, we were allow to exchange for the tickets. Hmm... too bad we had to sit on the front row (2nd row). My friends warn me that I had to "face the flag" for more than 2 hours plus. I was wondering what did he mean by that, until I got to sit on the seats and watch the movie. Yes, we really have to "face the raised flag" for more than 2 hours. After all, the movie was mostly about talking, not as interesting as what I expected. Hmm... after the show ended, I had a backache after "facing the flag" for 2 hours... Hmm... next time must come earlier and buy the tickets.

Big Music Sales
When I look at the music instruments at Yamaha Music shop, I notice that they were giving some special discounts to some of the instruments displayed there. I realised that they were having a great music sale. Well, only those selected models have sales. When I was looking at the brochure, I notice that the oboes have a great discount, costing $7000 plus for higher end models (usually cost more $10000 plus). When I calculate the amount, I realised that they were giving 30% discount for the oboes. OMG!!! That is freakingly cheap!!! That's was like more than $3000 less than the actual price! Haiz... Too bad I still don't have that money to buy the oboe. I really wanted one... Maybe you'll should give me an oboe as my 21st birthday present last time... Haha... just joking, this is something too expensive as a birthday present.

Anyway, I was thinking of ugrading the violin after my work contract had ended. Well, thought of getting the V10SG (costing $2300 without discounts), but since they were having sales for V7SG (costing $1200 without discounts), and after discount from music sales, the V7SG cost about $1080. That's like 10% discount. Well, I have the student card which gives 8% discount for all items (except those already discounted items and nett price items), so I was wondering whether I should get the V10SG with the 8% discount ($2116) from the student card, or get the V7SG with the 10% discount ($1080) from the Music Sales... Hmm... Now I'm in a dilemma...

Well, they have discount for 2 models of flute, YFL411 and YFL 614, both of them having 15% discount. Well, my flute is still good for playing, so there's no need for me to upgrade my flute so soon.

The Great Singapore Sales
Ok, for those people who don't know, the Great Singapore Sales will be from 26 May (Friday) to 23 July (Sunday). There will be up to 70% discount (which also means discounts of 70% OR LESS, just in case you read wrongly) for a lot of items for fashions, electronics, jewellery, watches, gifts, homeware etc. So, for those going for such sales, you can ask me out to do shopping with you. Haha... Let see if I could get anything good from the sales... :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home