The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day: The Day to Eat

Let's Eat
Ok, yesterday we had our dinner at a seafood restaurant with our relatives. They have this coconut dessert specially for the mothers that eat inside the restaurant. Haha... forgot to ask my father to take the picture of that.

This morning, our family had our breakfast at Café Cartel. Well, we should eat something different for mother's day, right? Anyway, the system seemed to have change a little. Now we just go in and find the seats on our own, rather than a waiter having to guide you to the seats. Hmm... not really sure if that's for lunch and dinner as well. Also, we don't get to write down our orders first and pay immediately, but rather the waiter take down the orders, put the bills on the table, and we can pay before the food are served, or after we finish our meals, whenever we like. Don't know when they changed the system though.

Since there's no violin lesson today, I could stay at home and rest all day. How nice... Anyway, I think I'm getting flabby... Looks like I need to exercise sooner or later, or else I will shape like a pear... Don't really like to eat pears though. Anyway, I really need to rest more since I just caught a cold, and developed a cough. Haha, despite that, I still eat McDonald's for lunch. Hmm... just couldn't resist myself. :P

Dreams
Come to think of it, I had an odd dream today. I dreamt that McDonald's had set up a franchise in my alma mater, KCPPS, in the canteen. I was thinking, how odd would McDonald's set up in a PRIMARY SCHOOL, thought that the Ministry of Education (MOE) wouldn't allow that. They also had that big McDonald's signboard outside the school as well. Anyway, I decided to check out the canteen, and I really see McDonald's inside the school. The price? It's very cheap. A set meal with small fries and drinks cost between $1 to $1.50 each. That's freakingly cheap. Haha... I decided to buy a lot of meals out for me, and also my friends to eat as well. Haha...

Too bad that's only a dream. MOE wouldn't allow and fast food joint to be set up in schools or colleges canteens. You only see such things in polytechnics and universities only.

Mother's Day Cake
Later in the afternoon, I went out with my sister to buy a mother's day cake for my mother. Haha... think mother's day is the time for us to eat... Anyway, we looked at the cakes from BreadTalk and Sweet Secrets, and also ice-cream cakes from Häagen-Dazs and Swensen's. Anyway, the ice-cream cakes for Häagen-Dazs are way too expensive. The cakes could easily cost about $100. After some consideration, we decided to buy the chocolate ice-cream cake from Swensen's, which is about $40. Well, here's the picture of the cake.


The Four
Ok, not really related to mother's day. I just put it for fun. This is a picture taken with my cousins during Chinese New Year. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home