The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Computer Make Me Sick

Too Much Computers...
Argh... Whenever I sit in front of the computer, I'll start to feel queasy... No no no... That can't just do... Computer is something quite important of my life... How am I not going to use the computer at all? Think I must be working too much with the computers... Maybe I had to keep switching the view between the computers and the paper applications all the time, so that might be the reason why I feel sick...

But that can't just do... I'm taking Computer Engineering in National University of Singapore (NUS) in Electrical and Computer Engineering Department (ECE). I can't possibly escape from computers... Did I pick up the wrong choice? Well, at least the Computer Engineering in ECE deals more with hardwares than that of SoC (School of Computing), so maybe I don't have to face too much computer when I'm doing the course. Moreover, the first year will be common engineering, so I might not get to touch much on computer stuffs.

Anyway, I can't just live on not facing the computer. After this very short weekend, I have to face with computer work again. Also heard that there's a roadshow going on as well, so there might be even more applications coming in... Hmm... what should I do?

Anyway, now I'm feeling much better, so I took this time to write out my blog.

Friday Work Matters
Luckily there was quite little applications yesterday. I kept wanting to throw up while keying in the applications. My head also spins... Anyway, think the environment isn't so good for poeple who are sick... Maybe they should do something about it.

Lunch at Ang Mo Kio Central
Anyway, one of the temp staff colleagues just ended her work contract yesterday, so we decided to go to Ang Mo Kio central by taking a cab. Hmm... as there were 7 people, we had to split into 4-3. Well, the four girls took the cab first. The 3 of us left only mananged to take the cab much later...

When we reached there, we realised that we paid more cab fare ($3.90) than the 4 who took the cab first ($3.10). They said that we should just cut through Nanyang Polytechnic as the route through there is much shorter than that of the main road. Well, never mind, at least we learn something.

Despite having nausea, runny nose, sore throat and cough, I still order a fried lemon chicken rice for lunch... After that, I also had ice kachang as my dessert (the big ice kachang is shared among the 7 of us). Haha... This is just how powerful temptations are... Anyway, they also buy some curry puffs (one of the best curry puffs) after we had our meals. Thought of buying the curry puff for myself, but I afriad that might make my throat even worst, after what I had eaten before that. Anyway, my throat was about to split already, and I also feeling a bit queasy there as well... Never mind, next time when I'm feeling much better, I'll come back and eat again.

Cab Discounts?
We also took the cab back to our office. Anyway, while halfway on the journey, we realised that the uncle forgot to switch on the fare meter. Haha... I thought, when did cabs started to give discounts. Thought we could kept mum about it so that we only just need to pay the flag-down fare of $2.40, but the uncle realised that later, and switch on the fare meter immediately... Anyway, the cab fare didn't reach $3, but we pitied the uncle by giving him $3 without change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home