The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Sunday, May 21, 2006

TNP Big Walk 2006!!!

Let's Walk
Haha... It's finally here. Me been waiting for like more than a month for this event to come. Anyway,I brought a camera for the walk. Too bad I accidentely drop the camera... Well, now it's spoilt, so think it's time to get a new camera. Anyway, the camera still can take basic photographs, and also put those pictures inside the computer, at least not everything is gone. Never mind, let me discuss about the walk.

I wokeup at about 5.30am this morning, and left the house at about 6am to catch the first train. Haha... had to wait for about 10 minutes for the train to come. Anyway, when I boarded the train, there were also a lot of people wearing the big walk T-shirt as well. Haha... Anyway, I didn't expect the train to be quite crowded very early in the morning.

Anyway, when I reached Kallang station, the policeman inside the station ask everybody to wait outside the station so that they would not block other people's way. Anyway, me happened to meet Hui Huang near the toilet. Also saw kai Quan as well, but he went inside the toilet to change his shirt. Well, as Hui Huang haven't eat his breakfast, I decided to go along with him to McDonald's. After that, Hong Joo and Victor met us at McDonald's, and the 4 of us went back to the station to as Kai Quan, Wei Qiang, Daniel and Wenhao were waiting outside the station. Dezhi then came a few minutes later. Haohan woke up late, so he decided to meet us at the stadium instead.

It was already quite late, and Shi Qing and Alex had not reached Kallang yet. We decided to call Shi Qing and Alex. Well, Shi Qing did not switch on his handphone. Alex said that he just woke up. WHAT?!?! Think he totally forgot about the event. So, we decided not to wait for Alex. Anyway, he paid me the $4 already, so think I must refund the money back to him. Since Shi Qing was not contactable, we decided to go to the stadium first.

Well, when we reached the starting point, the people started walking already. Haha... think we were late, buut anyway, most of the people were also late, so it's ok I supposed. Well, when we were at the start point, Haohan called me to tell me that he was at the station. Hmm... When we reached near the indoor stadium, he said he was outside the stadium. At that point, Shi Qing also called to say that he just reached the stadium. Well, when we reached the Kallang stadium McDonald's, we decided to stop to wait for Haohan and Shi Qing. At that point of time, I accidentely drop my camera while taking pictures... Haha... bad luck...

Anyway, as Haohan reached the McDonald's panting, Shi Qing called to say that he reached Suntec City McDonald's. WHAT?!?! Ok, 2nd time already... Anyway, we were shocked about that. We then decided to walk to Suntec to look for Shi Qing. Haha, Dezhi, Wei Qiang, Daniel and Victor were far ahead of us, left only the 6 of us behind. As we reached McDonald's at Suntec, Shi Qing was at somewhere else. So, the 6 of us have to find him in another place. Well, eventually, we found Shi Qing, with Dezhi, Wei Qiang, Daniel and Victor with him. Haha... initially we thought of taking the train back to the stadium, but we decided not to do so... Think we were really quite slack...

Anyway, we continue with the walk (nope, we didn't walk on the other direction back to the stadium, since we didn't really walk to the turning point yet). Well, Kai Quan and Victor were far ahead of the rest of the 9 of us, while we were behind talking, gossiping, joking and laughing away. Anyway, the 9 of us happened to find a Midpoint drinks station on the other side, so we decided to take the turning point there and rest there, while we wait for Kai Quan and Victor to reach the turning point and walk to the water point. Haha... Think this was a big slacker walk instead.

Well, we decided to walk quickly back to the stadium. Haha.. Think that was just for excitement. Anyway, after we reached the finishing point, we went to collect tour goodie bags. Counter 2 to 5 were full of people, while counter 6 to 10 were quite empty... Hmm... Think people didn't notice the counter on the other side. Well, the goodie bag, for those who want to know, comes with a tower, some snacks, facial cream and some discount vouchers. We also got the Certificate of Achievement as well for completing the 10km walk (but in fact we cut short the route).

Lunch at Suntec Burger King
After the walk, Hui Huang and Wenhao decided to go back first. Hui Huang still have tuition to teach. So, the 9 of us left went to Suntec City to have our lunch. Anyway, we thought of eating at McDonald's as there was a free Sundae each for those participants who walked the big walk, and also there was a coupon from the coupon booklet which gives free apple pie for every Extra-Value Meal purchase. Hmm... too bad the McDonald's were very full, so we decided to go to Burger King instead. Well, me decided to upsize the drinks only to large, as I wss feeling very thirsty. Yup, so thirsty that I finished my large drinks before I finish my fries...

Violin Later
Well, as all the people wanted to go home and rest after lunch, I called my parents to bring my violin and books to Dhoby Ghaut. Also told my father about the bad news about the camera. He was kind of upset about that... :P

Well, I was kind of tired while attending the lesson. Anyway, I was still playing ok, even thought I was tired, and the fact that I didn't practise for like 2 weeks... Haha... Whoa, think I better practise more often, or I will have to waste my money on my exams. The exams is also not like driving test, where I can take retest for just a few months later. If I fail this, I have to wait for another year, or at least half a year, if they have the February/March exams... Somemore driving just only need Basic Theory, Final Theory and Traffic Police practical test to get the license, and that's the end of the journey of learning how to drive. This one need so many grades, and also diplomas (and maybe even theories), and that's still not the end of learning yet, unless you get a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) for Music, which I don't think I can get. So I'm actually conentrating more on this... :P Yes? TP test cost $150 plus? Yup, kind of waste but Grade 1 practical cost more than $100 if you don't know, Grade 8 practical cost $300 plus, DipABRSM cost about $500, LRSM cost about $1000, and FRSM cost about $1500. That's kind of pricey to go for a re-exams... Well, if I really get PhD for Music, then you could start calling me Dr Kang... :P

Haha... Exhausted...
After I reached home, I was feeling kind of tired, so I decided to sleep... Well, me likes to sleep in the day, if you don't know. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home