The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Thursday, June 15, 2006

The New Comers

Wednesday
Yup, just another day of work also. Anyway, the mailman was not there on that day, so someone else went to open the mails and sort them out. Haiz... as there was one pile of mails in the morning (meant to be done on Tuesday), and one more pile in the afternoon, that means I'll have 2 days work with the mails... Aiyoh... I was opening the mails and keying applications the whole day.

For lunch, we went to the nearest canteen at NYP again. Haha... I make a mistake, the graduation ceremony will be held next week. Anyway, when we go there, the canteen seemed quite empty. Hmm... Don't see much students on that day. Not really sure what they were having now.

In the afternoon, Serene told Chae Yun and us that there will be 4 new temporary staffs coming in on Thursday. Haha... We were quite excited. Anyway, there were sooooooooooo much work to be done, so we really need more people. She also heard there will be 2 males and 2 females, and 1 of the 4 temp staffs would be an Indian. Well, so far that's what Serene heard, we were not really sure if that would be true, so we had to cross our fingers...

The New Temp Staffs
Well, when we step into Maybank building, we saw 3 person sitting outside the reception desk, 2 males and 1 indian female. Hmm... Well, we supposed that would be the new temp staffs, since they were holding on to the recruit express work contracts. Well, just wondering which department would they be going.

Ok, while keying in applications, Pauline told Chae Yun and me that there will be 3 new temp staff joining us, so she ask us when they could sit. Well, one of them could sit beside Chae Yun, as there was an unuse computer beside her. So, the person would become Chae Yun's understudy. For the other 2, one of them become Guan Si understudy, the other, which is Sean, become my understudy.

So far, I had never talk so much before. Haiz... well, in order for him to help us out, we need to teach him what we do for work first, right. Haha... Sean kept moaning on how much work we had to do, as the applications kept coming in. Well, I never moaned so much during my first day of work. Haha... Well, when I teach him about printing customer inquiries (Sema) on AS/400, he seemed very stunned. He said that he would not remember anything about what I teach him. He also said he will suffer for the next 3 months. Hmm... Think I should be the one that say that... At least his upperstudy (which is me) will be with him for about 1 month. What about my upperstudy? She left after 2 working days we started work, as she ended her polytechnic attachment. Well, I was left alone to do my work after 2 working days from the first day of work, with Chae Yun and Serene... Think we should be the one that should feel scared... Haha... Actually I was wondering how would I be able to cope when I still did not know anything when I just started work... Well, the only think that stress me is the number of roadshows and promotions going on out there, which make me work so much more, because there were just too many applications coming in.

Anyway, there was also a new temp staff at Sock Mui's side. Well, as Sock Mui had gone to Korea (South Korea I mean, no one would want to go North Korea), Shu Hua had to teach her what she should do for her job. Hmm... Anyway, so far I only know my understudy name, Sean. Don't know about the other 3 though. If I'm not wrong, all the 4 of them are currently in SIM, having their vacation now. Ok, no wonder why they could still find temp staffs... Since there were new comers, we went to Tech Point canteen to had our lunch instead. Well, new comers have to know the nearest canteen, right?

Tomorrow will be another day of talking again. Still have quite a lot of things to explain to my understudy. Well, as I was using Serene's computer to work today, since Sean was using mine, and Serene went for her medical checkup for NTU admission, that woould mean that tomorrow I had to find another computer to work on when Serene is back tomorrow... Hmm... for the other 3 computers, one of them is spoilt, one of them is being use very intensively as there were more access to other sites, and the last one is occupied by Guan Si's understudy. Though he would not use much computer, that computer is mostly used by Connie to do her work. Well, think I had to try the computer besides Cindy's one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home