The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Packed with Activities -> Exhausted...

Tired and Exhausted...
Haiz... Now I really need more breathing space... There are still many things to do even after my work contract ended... Firstly, I have to prepare for my flute exams, practising with my sister, after that it is my flute exams. Next, I have to accompanied one of my classmates, Luanne, for her flute exams, did a practise sessions with her just now. Ok, I'll talk about that later in this blog. This coming thursday, she would be taking her exams, so I'll be going down to accompany her for the piano part. The next day, I'll be taking my QET, and I have yet to prepare... I also have to practise for my upcoming violin exams as well, with my teacher, and also with my sister as well. Once all these exams are over, I'll only have a very short break before I matriculate... Haiz... I wish some people can donate me some time to me, so that I'll have more time to rest and for entertainment as well... To me, 24 hours are just not enough... Maybe just for now. Hopefully things will get better...

Movie: Pirates of the Carribean
Watched this movie with my army friends yesterday. Haha... I was a busy person, but when comes to movies, I'll definitely squeeze out my free time to watch with my friends. That's how much I LOVE watching movies. I'm just one movies maniac... Haha... Anyway, there were 8 of us watching that movie, so that was like more people than usual. We met up at 6.30pm to have our dinner at a food court, Kopitiam, at Plaza Singapura. Well, don't really know what to eat, so I just randomly pick one stall and buy the food there. Didn't finish my dinner because I wanted to save some of my stomach space for my beloved salted popcorn. Yup, that's one of my favourites, something that I would always buy them for movies without fail (unless I don't have the mood to eat, which occurs less than 1% of the time).

The movie was kind of long, think it's between 2.5 to 3 hours. Well, didn't really watch the first Pirates movie, as my mother didn't want to watch that movie with me last time, because she didn't really like such movies. Ok, I think that the movie was still quite nice and funny, not as bad as how my mother thought last time. Haha... Hmm... Kind of sad that the movie ended in the crude way... Hmm... I wonder if we missed anything out from the movie, as we left at the middle of the end credits... Not really sure if they would be showing extra footage...

Miz the Piano Accompanist
Yup, today I had to go to Cristofori Music School at Tampines for a practise session with Luanne. Didn't really know how to get there, so I met up with Luanne and her mother at Tampines bus interchang to take the bus there. Hmm... Luanne's mother asked me to wait near the McDonald's at the bus interchange. Well, there are more than one McDonald's in Tampines. I know that the McDonald's she's refering to is the one somewhere near the bus interchange, so it is definitely not the one at Tampines one. At first, I waited at the McDonald's just opposite the CPF building, as I thought that's the only McDonald near the bus interchange. Well, Luanne's mother then message me that the McDonald's is just opposite to Bengawan Solo cake shop. Hmm... I didn't see any Bengawan Solo at the McDonald's I was waiting, so I decided to walk to the bus interchange to check out. Yup, there was actually a third McDonald's, which was located inside the bus interchange itself... Hmm... Ok... Maybe she should have given me more description about the location. Come to think of it, the 3 McDonald's at Tampines Central were located so near to one another, I wonder if they were actually making money from the 3 McDonald's, since they were actually like competing with each other... Never mind, I still can see that McDonald's is still thriving in Singapore anyway.

Ok, we took bus number 3 to the Cristofori Music School. Hmm... I have to say that the Music School was kind of located at such wierd place. It is located at a building which kind of looks like an HDB flat (or maybe it's really an HDB flat). Hmm... we need to walk around, after that climb the stairs to reach the place. Think if I were to go there by myself, I'll definitely get lost... Hmm... Anyway, I'll be going there by myself on Thursday afternoon, pray that I don't get lost there, or else it would affect her exams...

Anyway, I did some practise with her with the pieces before proceeding on to the aural. Her pieces was fine, so I decided to move on to aural. Hmm... She wasn't good at the beats and the time of the music. I also faced some problems explaining to her about those things... Hmm... I didn't really know how to teach music in a theoretical way, still didn't have that experience to do so yet... Also face some problems with the "Listening music with understanding sections". She didn't really take up Music Theory, so it was kind of difficult for me to explain the terms she need to know and understand... Ok, never mind, aural was just 18 marks out of the total marks of 150. Just hope she could score from her pieces, scales and sight-reading.

Well, after playing the piano as an accompaniment and for aural practise just know, I had something to say about their piano. I DON'T LIKE TO PLAY WITH THEIR PIANO THERE!!! The keyboard touch is kind of soft, and the piano can't produce much dynamics as well, in other words, the keys of the piano are not sensitive with the touch. No matter how I played just now, it didn't turn up that nice... Hmm... No wonder why my cousin hated using their piano after taking her Grade 8 Piano exams at Cristofori last year...

After the practise session, Luanne's mother treat me for a snacks at the snacks shop near Simei MRT station. Hmm... How generous and nice of her. Anyway, the snacks was quite nice. Hmm... Maybe before Luanne's exams on Thursday, I asked Hong Joo (if he's not working, think mostly likely he would be working), Dezhi, or maybe some of the people living near the area to eat the snacks with me first and chat. Haha...

Flute: Changing Class
Yup, I'll be changing class soon. Think this is the 3rd time I'm changing class. Same day, but the time will be from 3pm to 4pm. Ok, this also means that I have to pay more for the school fees... Yup, going to level 4 after that... Think I only stay at level 3 for only less than 2 months... That's kind of short...

Anyway, whatver result I get for my Grade 3 flute (distinction, merit, pass or fail), I'llbe doing either Grade 5 or Grade 6 Flute next year. Will not be taking Grade 4, kind of time wasting to take 1 grade at a time, especially for instruments like flute. Well, for Grade 5/6 flute exams, I mighthave to find other piano accompanist to play the piano part for me. Anyway one with good/competent piano skills willing to be my piano accompanist?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home