The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thursday, The Exams Day

The Exam Day
Yup, for the month of July, every Thursday, maybe except the first Thursday, which is 6th July, would be an exams day. Today, I'm taking my Grade 3 Flute exams at Yamaha Orchard( Plaza Singapura). Next Thursday, on 20th July, I will be accompanying one of my classmates for her Grade 2 Flute exams at Cristofori Tampines. The Thursday after next week, which is on 27th July, I'll be taking my Grade 2 Violin exams. Yup, kind of a coincidence... Maybe they set aside exams needing piano accompanist on Thursday?

Well, anyway, my Qualifying English Test (QET) is on Friday, 21st July. Looks like of break the Thusday exams rule, but anyway, to me, it doesn't break that rule. Why? Well, because it is a test, not really and exams. Well, it is also not a music test anyway. Hmm... Come to think of it, I haven't prepare for my QET yet. OMG, I had forgotten how to write an essay already... Think I will be preparing to fail the test, and take the additional English modules... Never mind, at most I make more friends in the class... :P

Flute Exams
Yup, I'm taking my Grade 3 Flute exams today in the afternoon. Hmm... Kind of made a lot of slips, especially on my solo flute studies, and some parts of the scales... Well, my piano accompanist, which is my sister, made a bit of slips on the piano part, but never mind. That can be improvise, and the examiner doesn't really mark how well the pianist played anyway, he just want to see how well I played and coordinate. Hmm... made quite a lot of slips on the studies, as I did not hold the flute properly, don't know what he would be writing on the mark sheet... Well, it seemed that he wrote a lot of things on the mark sheet, don't know if most of them are negative results... Well, I'll only know when I got back my results in about a month time.

The aural part, hmm... Think I answered very badly for section A, recognising the time and and beats of the music. He said I should start tapping when I get along, but... Haha... Me only tap almost at the end of the piece, and tap on the wrong beats as well. He then ask me about the time of the piece. By right you should answer something like "simple duple time" or "compound triple time", but I just briefly gave him one number, which is 3, and I don't know if it was even 3 beats a bar... Hmm... :(

The rest of the aural part was ok for me. Section B (Echo Singing), I was able to echo out what he played. Section C (Regonising Differences), I was also able to tell out the difference in the phrases he played, and also in detail. Section D (Listening to Music with Understanding), I was able to answer his questions promptly. Don't know if I answered the questions appropriately though... Well, anyway, I did my Grade 8 Piano some time back, so by right I should be able to answer Grade 3 aural sections easily, since the aural test is the same for all instruments, but kind of forgotten how should I answer them. Yup, I took my last piano exams 5 years ago, so can't expect me to remember how to answer, right?

The rest... Hmm... still ok, to my standard, but I don't know what's the examiner standard. If he's grading my playing very strictly, then, hmm... I might not be able to make it. Well, tend to make more slips than usual during the exams, maybe because I'm a bit nervous... Ok, now I have to cross my fingers...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HeLLo Miz. Junfeng here~ i just got a ds lite in mid june. And its great. Asia Set is at 269 with 1 game (resident evil or megaman network battle i tink) But if use 'backup' device then got US set at 239 k. Jus in case if you happen to stumble upon any shop who want to rip you off 10 bucks more here's the pricing =) need any info on 'backup' device and e-mail me=)

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger MiZ said…

    Oh, think I'll be getting the Asia Set, since the voltage is more suited here. Where can I get good deals?

     
  • At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha incase you have not buy go to funz centre in amk beside cash convertors. Think thats the nearest for us. Or playboxx in tampines.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home