The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Piano Accompanist

Violin Practise
Ok, I decided to take out my violin and practise for my upcoming exams. hmm... Still don't sound that good, there was still a lot of unwanted notes that comes out whatever I played. think I could have lost some of my bowing skills already. Must be because of the temp job that I had, which took up too much time...

Anyway, I only practise for about 30 minutes. For the rest of the morning, I spent myself in front computer, surfing around. After lunch, I took a nap before going out to be the piano accompanist for Luanne's exams.

Being the Piano Accompanist
Took bus 59 from Bishan Interchange to Tampines Cristofori Music school, as 59 brings me directly there. Hmm... The bus journey is a bit long I have to say, and there was some congestion on the expressway. Thought that I'm going to be a bit late, but still managed to arrive there 15 minutes before the exams.

Anyway, Luanne played a bit softly during the exams, so I don't know if the examiner might mark her down for that. Not really sure how well she did for the sight-reading, scales and aural, since I had to leave after I've done with my work. Well, she said that sight-reading seemed easy, so I guessed the exams should be ok for her.

Anyway, her mother ask me how much do she need to pay me for the accompaniment. Well, she ask the teachers and said that usually the accompanist will charged about $35 to $40 for the exams itself. Well, we then agreed on $50 for one practise session and the exams that I gave her. Well, ok, at least that would cover me for the meals for the next few days...

Anyway, the way back was a very bad experience. The bus was so crowded, that I almost could not breathe properly, due to the lack of oxygen. Luckily I was standing under the air-con, so it was not as stuffy. The expressway was also jammed as well, so I had to stand for a very long time inside the bus, throughout the whole journey. Wah... My legs kind of sore after prolonged period of standing, and I still need to use my legs to climb up the stairs when I reach home, as my block is having Lift Upgrading Programme (LUP) now. The lift get congested very easily, so it would be faster for me to use the stairs instead. Yup, had been doing so since they started the LUP on my block, at least that's a good for of training for me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home