The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Friday, July 21, 2006

Qualifying English Test (QET)

QET: Forgotten How to Write An Essay...
This morning, I met up with Hong Joo and Zhaoxiong at Bouna Vista control station. Well, Zhaoxiong is a friend of Hong Joo, which was from the same BMT company and same platoon in Signal Institute with Hong Joo, in which later he got posted to 4SIR. Yup, he is also a signaller as well.

Anyway, there were a lot of people going to NUS for the QET. When we reached the bus stop opposite Buona Vista, and the first bus number 95 arrived, Hong Joo and Zhaoxiong couldn't squeezed into the bus, leaving me along inside. Well, I've already tapped my card onto the reader, so it was too late for me to get off the bus when I realised that Hong Joo and Zhaoxiong was still outside the bus. Never mind, I told them that I'll be waiting for them at the bus stop inside NUS.

When I reached the bus stop, I met one of my classmates, Kaifeng, and one of my schoolmates (oops, forgot his name) there. Yup, there were also taking QET, at the same venue as me as well. After meeting Hong Joo and Zhaoxiong again at the bus stop, we went to the Multi-purpose Sports Hall 2 (MPSH 2) together. It was kind of crowded outside the hall. Yup, there were actually a lot of people taking the QET. Victor then arrived later and met us there outside MPSH 2.

We were actually discussing if there are air-cons inside the hall, because Hong Joo was sweating a lot, and if there aren't, then Hong Joo might need to used the paper given to us to write our answers to wipe his sweat. Haha... Just joking. Anyway, there are air-con inside the hall, the the air-con is really cold. Kind of freeze a bit while doing the QET. Well, the QET was free sitting, so we just pick any sits somewhere at the middle together.

Hmm... I realised that I had lost touch with my language already. Section A was about spotting the errors in the sentence. Hmm... Can't really seemed to spot the errors easily for me... Maybe I had not been reading much lately... Section B was about essay writing. I realised that I had forgotten how to start an essay... Hmm... I just made an abrupt start, so think I would have lose a lot of points for that. Also, I just write some rubbish out for the essay, and I think I wrote way out of the point... Well, haven't been writing such essay for a very long time, so it is expected for me to forget how to write a proper one... Never mind, Hong Joo and I discussed that we are going to be classmates for the English module. Haha...

After QET, we went to look for a place to have lunch. Well, the canteen at Yusof Ishak house, one of the nearest canteen to MPSH 2, was very crowded at that time. We decided to take a bus somewhere else to eat. The first bus that came was bus 96, which would bring us to Clementi. We decided to board that bus to Clementi, and had our lunch at Kopitiam near the bus stop we alighted at Clementi, as Hong Joo need to hurry to work. Hmm... I wonder why Hong Joo only took half-day leave. If that was me, I would have taken full day leave, so that I could spend the other half to rest at home. Yup, I'm one of the person that like to rest a lot. Haha...

Ok, now we had to wait for our QET result to be posted onto the Centre for English Language Communication (CELC) website on 2nd of August, at 10am. Hmm... Me not waiting anxiously for the results, since I knew that I'm going to do very badly... Haiz...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home