The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Sunday, July 23, 2006

When the Air-Con Becomes the Heater

The Unfunctioning Air-Con
Recently the air-con on all our bedrooms had not been working properly. They had been blowing warm air instead inside our bedrooms, making the bedrooms warmer than what it is outside. Well, we realised that the air-con external unit is spoilt, so that's why the air-con is not blowing the cool air... Anyway, my father had ordered a new set of air-cons to be installed in all our bedrooms, and it would be arriving in about 2 to 3 weeks time. Haiz... That means I had to sleep without air-con for a long period of time... The temperature is also generally warmer in July as well... Looks like I'll have a very bad time sleeping at night... Haiz...

Tertiary Ez-link Card
Yup, I had applied for the Tertiary Ez-link card last Thursday. When I checked the application status recently, it had changed from "Status: Eligible" to "Status: Application Received". Ok, great, they are making my card right now. Well, can't really get the card during Matriculation days, since I missed a period of dates for making the card so that I could received the card when I matriculate. Never mind, I'll just be getting the card another 1 week later.

Once I received my Ez-link card, I'll apply for the consession pass for trains. Yup, the train is the most important form of transport for me. When I'm studying in the university, I'll be taking the trains every day, so it's better for me to apply that. Not really sure if I should apply for bus concession, don't really take the bus so often, maybe except to go to the university from MRT station and vice versa... Well, I shall see first...

Jogging at Bishan Park
Yup, Wei Qiang and I agreed to run somewhere around Bishan on Saturday morning. Anyway, I met up with Wei Qiang at Bishan MRT station yesterday morning, and went to Bishan Park to had a jog there. We ran for about 1.5 rounds then, which total up to be about 4km. Haha... I was exhausted after 1 round, about 2.7km, but I just kept going on, sinced I need to build up my endurance for the comming SSBR/AHM. Anyway, there are a lot of facilities in Bishan Park, like a dog park, which is an area for the dogs to run about, and also and Spa somewhere at the middle of Bishan Park 2. There is also a fitness corner with 19 stations as well. Not really sure how many fitness corner are there. The running path is shady as well, as most of the path are covered by trees. It's really a nice place to run there. Me also haven't been to Bishan Park for a long time, think last time I ran there was with my family, when I was still in lower primary. Haha...

Flute: Starting Level 4
Ok, just started my Flute Level 4 lesson yesterday. There are definitely a lot of things to catch up, like doing the trills properly, and also practising on Flute harmonics as well. The pieces we are doing are much faster, and the range of notes get larger, looks like I need to train more on the fingering and blowing techniques more.

Well, the teacher said that I need to upgrade the flute, or I'll make my classmates suffer, especially when I'm playing harmonics and high notes. Yup, it is really difficult to play harmonics and hit high notes with a student flute, always have to blow out a very loud sound instead, which can hurt our ears. The problem is that I bought my flute just one year ago only, and the new and better flute will definitely need a lot of money... Well, money doesn't grow on trees, you know. If it does, I'll be buying all the high ends musical instruments by then. Anyway, even if I need to get a new flute, the earliest I will buy them will most probably be next year, some where in the middle of the year, where they had the mid-year sale. I had to upgrade my violin first, since my violin is really lousy, much lousier than my flute, and I had been holding on to this violin for more than 2 years. So, I need to upgrade my violin first, and accumulate my money so that I can upgrade my flute.

No Violin Lesson
Well, this morning, my violin teacher called to say that he was not free in the morning. My exam is nearing, so he asked me to come earlier during the day when I have my exam, so that he can practise with me before I go in for the exam. I do not have to go for lesson in the afternoon, so no violin lesson today. Basically there's nothing much in the morning, so I went out with my family to have my breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home