The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Warm and Humid -> Sleepy...

Very Sleepy...
Well, I had not been doing much things during the past few days. Anyway, I was feeling sleepy, especially in the afternoons, and I just spent my days sleeping... Haha... How nice... Think it must be the warm and humid weather that made me sleepy. Whenever I sleep or nap in the afternoons, I'll tend to sweat, making the bed or the sofa a bit wet. Well, once it's a bit wet, I just couldn't sleep anymore, no matter how sleepy I feel, so I would just get up and use the computer.

Movie: Hookwinked
Well, no want seemed interested about this movie, so I decided to catch that movie at GV Marina yesterday. GV Bishan is not showing this show, so I had to go somewhere else to watch it. Didn't want to go to GV Plaza, because I didn't really want to meet my violin teacher, especially when nearing my exams. Yup, he would keep asking me whether I had practise at home frequently, whether I can play with my accompanist well enough, and so on... Yup, he's teaching at Yamaha Music School at Plaza Singapura on Tuesday, so I'll try to avoid that place until my exams had ended.

Well, at first I thought there was a movie slot some time around 3 plus. When I reached the ticketing booth, which was before 3pm, I realised that the next slot was 5.15pm. Hmm... Did I read the timeslot wrongly? Maybe they might had cancelled the movie instead? Anyway, I still buy the ticket at 5.15pm. That means I still had about 2 hours plus before the start of the movie... Ok, so I decided go to Millenia Walk to look around. Well, I heard from Sock Mui, one of my Maybank temp staff colleagues, there is 1 shop named "Candy Empire" where they import sweets, candies, chocolates, biscuits and chips from other countries. That time, Sock Mui let me try out one of the chocolate sticks (containing hazelnut cream inside) she bought from that shop. Well, I had to say that it was fantastically sweet and nice!!! Yup, I really feel like buying one box to eat. Well, when I went to Candy Empire, I found that chocolate sticks, which cost $9 per box. Hmm... Really wanted to buy one... Anyway, I decided to buy it next time, maybe when it gets closer to Zhen Hao's farewell party, or Zhiliang's birthday party, I'll buy about 2 boxes for you guys to try out. Haha...

Anyway, when I got back to Marina Square, I heard someone calling out my name from my back. Oh, it was Shiqing. He was at Anderson's Ice Cream, meeting his former classmates there. Well, he said that next time he would catch more movies with us. Ok, that is if there are movies that interest at least the both of us first... Hopefully it's not some weird movies...

Well, the movie was shown in Theatre 2, which is just beside the Samsung Platinum Lounge. When I got into the theatre, I noticed that all seats have the word Samsung on the front and on the back as well. Hmm... I supposed Samsung must had sponsored GV Marina's Theatre 1 and 2, no wonder why both theatres are located from a different levels from the other 4 theatres...

Anyway, about the movie, it wasn't so bad anyway. The story that each character tell got funnier and weirder... Hmm... Kind of unexpecting what kind of story they told the imspector. Anyway, the culprit for the missing recipes could be easily guessed when the 4 of them, Red (the riding hood), the wolf, the axeman (which is actually an actor) and granny told the inspector their story.

Jogging from Ang Mo Kio to Kallang
Well, initially Wei Qiang asked me to meet him at 6pm today. When I was about to reach Ang Mo Kio station, he messaged to me that he was unable to make it for the run, because he was very busy. Well, since I was already reaching Ang Mo Kio station, I decided to hop off the train and start to walk and slow jog from Ang Mo Kio station to the start of the Kallang Park Connector near Bishan Park. Haven't tried exploring the road, so I decided to run the park connector by myself.

Anyway, about the park connector, I had to cross some bridges and also cross the road to reach the expressway near Toa Payoh (which is near St Andrew's School). After crossing the expressway, I reached a private hosing estate, where there was a short break in the connectors. Well, had to find the connector myself, but anyway, they had signs to point out which way to run to the connector, so I followed the signs and continue my way with the connector.

Hmm... At first, I thought I lost my way there. Ran for quite a distance already, but still couldn't find any recognisable landmarks, or and MRT stations. Well, I couldn't also run back, because that would be like running another 5km. Yup, by the time I reached Kallang Bahru, I was a bit exhausted already. Already crossed som many roads and bridges, yet still haven't found one... Yup, there are actually a lot of roads to be crossed on the 2nd half of my jogging route... Well, I didn't give up. I told myself that the nearest MRT station should be somewhere near, so I decided to continue jogging until I saw an MRT track. Hurray!!! Finally found the way to the MRT station. I quickly jog my way there to get to the MRT station, which is Kallang station. Yup, I actually jogged from Ang Mo Kio MRT station to Kallang MRT station. Before taking the train back home, I cooled down myself and bought a bottle of mineral water from a nearby vending maching first. Yup, I was perspiring so much after jogging for more than 6km (don't know if it's more than that, they don't have the marking on the 2nd half of my jogging route).

Anyway, as I was still sweating a lot while boarding the train back home, I tried not to stand too near to anyone else... Haha... Afraid that they might not be able to take it... Hmm... What I noticed was that the people didn't really seem to mind stading quite close to me (the train was crowded also), so I guessed it was ok for me...

2 Comments:

  • At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here are some links that I believe will be interested

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home