The Miz River 明志江河 ミジ川

The river reveals one's aspirations. Created on 30 March 2006. Row a boat to explore this river...

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Friday: The Dinner

Work: Still Unfinished
Well, still printing the customer informations from the AS400, so-called the black screen program. Anyway, I could see some progress already. Before I end my work day on Friday, I've already printed more than 40 applications for 20 June 2006, which was just last Tuesday. Hopefully all the customer informations for the past week will be printed by the 1st half of next week. Hmm... I wonder how many trees I have killed in the process of printing... Hopefully the company is buying recycled paper instead...

Applications: Lost
Well, on Friday morning, Veronica told me that some of the applications for 7 June and 9 June had gone missing. She told me if I had misplace it somewhere... Hmm... No matter where I looked, including the rough paper piles, I could not find those applications... Don't know if it had been cleared accidentally by the cleaners... If that was the case, we might had to call up the customers to give us the applications again...

Well, there was just too many applications during the past weeks. It didn't really surprise me when a few of them had gone missing. Anyway, for 7 July, after I've done all the printing, I passed those applications to Cindy straight away, didn't see any applications left lying around. For 9 of July, after keying in all the applications, I put them on Chae Yun's desk straight away, as I had no space on my table, and since Chae Yun was away for a few days. After that, I didn't touch those applications anymore... I also make sure I placed all the applictions there. Well, my conscience is clear.

Lunch: Canadian Pizza
Well, Qiuting managed to get her contract shortened to just 1 month, so it was her last day of work on that day. We decided to order pizzas in for lunch for her last day. Anyway, we decided on Canadian Pizza, since we get 1 large pizza free for 1 large pizza we ordered. Haha... Haven't had pizzas for quite some time already, really enjoy the pizzas a lot. Well, I ate 3 slices. Feel like getting more, but well, must let others eat the pizzas as well, and also shouldn't eat too much or I will grow fat.

We also had some photo-taking inside the lounge as well. Hmm...I see if I could get those photographs from my colleagues and post it on the blog here.

The Kang Association Dinner
My father ask me to come for the dinner. Well, since I had nothing to do at night, I decided to go along for the dinner with my grandfather and my father. Yup, there were a lot of elderlys inside. Hmm... Think the younger generation are not interested to join such clans...

Anyway, there was this magazine they published to commemorates the 40 years of the Kang Association. Well, my father pointed to me that my name was listed a few times under the past "scholarships" sections. Haha... actually the scholarship is quite easy to get, just need at least 70% of your overall final semester results for primary and secondary schools, not really sure about JCs and universities though...

Anyway, I also notice that Hong Joo's name appear many times as well. To confirm if it is him, I message him, and yup, it is Hong Joo. Hmm... In fact he got the scholarship more times than me... Ok... Yup, I know my studies are quite poor last time, especially in secondary school.

Haiz... Too bad Hong Joo is working on that day, if not we might even met during the dinner. Well, at least there's someone you know to talk to during the dinner, so that it wouldn't be so boring with the elderlys... Anyway, I was planning to give one of the Kang Associoation commemorative magazine to Hong Joo for him to read. We are both "Kang", yup. Haha...

Well, since Hong Joo's parents or grandparents is also part of the Kang Association, this would mean that we might have even met each other way before we served our National Service. Hmm... Could he be one of my long lost friends?

Anyway, the dinner was quite good, I have to say. Well, they kind of like to serve soups and food with gravy... Taste quite good though... Kind of enjoy it, but think I ate only a little, since we had to share our tables with another family. Kind of a bit shy to take too much though...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home